Monday, March 14, 2011

Whole Lotta Tree of Life



Collider, via the crafty Russian (don't they manage to get everything?) site Kinopoisk, has a selection of some of the 70 Tree of Life stills that surfaced today. The images have mysteriously vanished from Kinopoisk, so if you're interested in getting a sneak peak of Terrence Malick's new film, you should probably act fast.

Moreso than Malick, it's cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki (Children of Men, The New World) that has me eagerly awaiting this one. The man is a master with light and, from these stills, he clearly hasn't lost his touch. There's a very distinct Edward Hopper-feel to the stills, particularly the one above, that I like. Even though Hopper was painting for a good five or so decades, his work always feels like the '50s to me. I'd relish the film that finally takes advantage of that association (even if it's only me that makes it).

No comments:

Post a Comment