Thursday, February 24, 2011

Red Bandits



It's always difficult to judge a comedy based on its trailer since they tend to pack in the best punchlines (particularly the red band ones). Bad Teacher, however, looks pretty great. Phyllis Smith gets all the best laugh lines in this one. She's awesomely deadpan. I managed to compose myself pretty well, until this one:
Diaz: If I got a new pair of tits, he'd be all over me. But they're really expensive, you know, per tit.

Phyllis: Yeah, and you've got to get two of them.
Not ground-breaking humor, but it had me cracking up.

Oh, and the trailer for Paul, with Seth Rogen as a big-testacled fugitive alien, is also out. Meh. The editor clearly didn't strain him or herself cramming the laugh lines in. A bad trailer doesn't necessarily mean a bad movie, but this one didn't do anything for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment